Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lucky #14

Recently read an article that made me hopeful and had good news regarding marriage equality for Illinois Veterans, trying to make Illinois the 14th state  legalize gay marriage.

This is so valuable to me because these men and women have served our country,  I feel they too deserve to be united in marriage with their loved ones because equality is a beautiful thing. Clayton Peterson voiced his opinion in this article, expressing:





"It is overwhelming to me that despite my years of service for our country, I am not afforded the same marital rights as straight couples," said Clayton Peterson, a U.S. Army and Vietnam War Veteran. "I fought for this country to uphold our freedoms and to allow all Americans to live and love who they wish. It is sad that these freedoms do not apply to my spouse and I in our home state of Illinois."





No comments:

Post a Comment